1. Drink plenty of water.
It is recommended that you drink eight glasses per day, but that may take you some time to work up to. Your body needs a whole lot of water. Water doesn’t just flush all the toxins out of your body, but it makes you feel better and healthier. When you drink a lot of water, you just begin to feel fit, and this is the motivation you need to lose weight.
2. Start your day with a fresh, clean glass of water. As soon as you get up in the morning, drink one down. This will help your body to get going because it won’t be fighting through dehydration. Also, after you drink a glass of water, you won’t need to eat such a large breakfast.
3. Drink a glass of water before you sit down to eat.
Water will naturally make you feel fuller, so you don’t have to eat as much food.
4. Do your best to stay away from soda. All sodas are sweetened with lots of sugar.
The more you can cut out of your diet, the better. Also, diet soda is still soda. It may not have as much sugar, but it has other chemicals and components that are not good for your body either.
5. Fruit juice isn’t as healthy as most people think, either.
Juice actually has a lot of sugar in it as well. If you are craving a glass of juice, drink fresh fruit juice instead of juice that has artificial flavors and coloring.
6. If you can say no to alcohol, then that is best.
Alcohol beverages are not exactly good for you, although a glass of red wine does have heart benefits, most are just fattening. Beer is especially fattening. Cocktails are fattening, depending on what they are made of.
Weight loss beginning with what you drinkMallory Mcdaniel
7. If you must have alcohol, try dry wine.
Dry wine is better than your sweet wines because sweet wines have more sugar! Dry wines have sugar, but most of it has been fermented away into alcohol, and from a weight gaining perspective, dry is better.
8. Avoid drinking excessive amounts of coffee
as it desensitizes your body to the natural fat-burning effects that caffeine has. One or two cups (if the days really slow to get started) max.
9. Drink green tea.
It aids the digestive system and can help ease an overly full stomach, and it has been linked to a reduction in cancer risk. But for weight loss, the essential nutrient in green tea, EGCG, maintains high norepinephrine levels in your body to keep your metabolism revved up.